Quizzards is one of its kind general knowledge events in which anyone with a passion for quizzing can participate. This event focuses on a question-answer pattern. This event targets those with a penchant for knowing more about the ocean, naval architecture, and puzzle solving. It acts as a self-assessment tool in a creative way. The ocean is dark and mysterious; it’s ominous, yet majestic. Who said engineering had to be all work and no play?! If you’re a person with an interest in quizzing and solving puzzles, this is the perfect event for you!
Register Team Here
Stages and Timeline
Quizzards will be organized in 3 stages, with top participants from each round progressing to the next. At the end of stage 3, the final winner will be judged based on their performance and time.
Stage 1: MCQ's
This round has 15 questions with a time limit of 20 minutes. A correct answer earns the participant +1 points, while a wrong answer deducts 0.25 points from their score. If a question is skipped, no points will be lost. In this round any one member of the team has the chance to attempt it.
Stage 2: Guess the Word
This round is similar to a crossword game. This round has 8 crosswords for which you are given 15 minutes to solve it. A correct answer earns the participant +2 points, while a wrong answer deducts 0.5 points from their score. If a question is skipped, no points will be lost. In this round the second member of the team must attempt it.
Stage 3: Rapid Buzzer Round
The qualified teams will move to stage 3. Each team will be asked 7 questions one after another and they are given 5 minutes to answer it. If a team doesn't know the answer, they can say pass for the next question. A correct answer earns 5 points and no negative marks in this round. At the end of this round, the scores from each stage will be tallied up, and a final winner will be declared.
Judging Panel & Criteria
Judging criteria for round 1 & 2:
Participants will be judged on the number of correct answers. Score of stage-1 & stage-2 will be summed up and the top 5 teams will be qualified to stage-3. Leader board will be released after both rounds 1 & 2.
Judging criteria for round 3:
Participants will be judged on the number of answers they answered in 5 minutes. The winner of the event will be declared at the end of this round.
Rules and Regulations
1. This is a Team event (A team of 2 members).
2. In case of a tie after stage 1 & 2, the participants will be considered for the next stage.
3. The Selected teams will be informed about the platform for stage 3 in advance after stage 1 & 2 and the qualified team must report in time.
4. Strictly adherence to the time limit is encouraged, with the risk of penalty for exceeding it.
5. Malpractice is strongly discouraged, and any participant found indulging in unfair practices will be summarily removed from the event. If the violation is found to be serious, they may also be removed from Samudra Manthan 2023.
6. The decision of the judges is final and binding on all participants and teams.
Prizes & Rewards
All participants will receive certificates of participation from Samudramanthan, IIT Kharagpur.
Quizzards will award cash prizes to the top 3 teams with an overall prize pool of ₹ 10,000 for this event. The winners will also receive Certificates from Samudra Manthan and a special mention on our social media pages.